Day 74, a zero---This is going to be short cause once again i am writing the following morning and i need to get back on trail soon. It was a great day, very relaxing and not as smoky around Tahoe. We went to the Fire Sign Cafe for breakfast and it was so amazing that i am going back there again this morning. They knew what they were doing with food. After we ran errands , i got to do most of the rest of my laundry. The night was once again very cool, with great food and people. We had a real smorgasbord(sp?) on the grill which included pizza, tofu, chicken, burgers, ciabatta bread, corn, portabello's, asparagus - and that was just on the grill. It was all very well executed food, definitely one of the reasons it is going to be hard to leave this place. Off to Truckee to see the Bousquets now, i haven't seen them since high school summer road trips. I promise to put more thought and time into the coming posts. Thought of the day; food can transform your surroundings. Song of the day; aaa yyyynt noooo sunshiiiine when she's gaaawnnnn by somebody i should remember considering its on the i-pod. Craving of the day; another Fire Sign Cafe breakfast.
JWC on the PCT
Some thoughts before departure...
- I am still not a vet, doctor, lawyer, dog trainer, cia agent, fbi agent or a navy seal so...walk
- I am doing this for the challenge of course, and I hope to gain a confidence that comes with this type of endeavor. But also I hope to gain some new knowledge about the world and the truths that reside in it.
- Am I walking to "find myself"? Or just to take a walk. You decide...and you'll probably be right.
- I'm not in the best shape of my life, but I do have a lot of new great gear so....
- After living with my parents the last 2 years, it makes perfect sense to walk 2650 miles - alone.
- Yes there will be bears, cougars, rattlesnakes and scorpions both imagined and real along the way. I'm definitely more worried about those imagined.
- Am I scared? Not as of yet, more of just a constantly increasing anticipation. But check back with me on the 3rd night in the desert.
- I tried to keep my pack fairly light, but I definitely would not call it ultralight. Somehow when I added up all my ultralight gear and put it in my ultralight pack, I ended up with just slightly heavy.
- My biggest concern for this trip is that I get too hungry somewhere along the way, my brain goes awol as it usually does when I get hungry and subsequently you never hear from me again...I'll try to eat frequently.
- I am not Christopher McCandless. This is not Into the Wild.
- Poison Oak - the corridor of fear
- They call me the Beastmaster
- Over-grown; Under-statement
- Looking to the future
- Clean to filthy in half a day
- I am getting spoiled rotten
- Good beginning,great middle,questionable ending
- Old school meets new school
- I thought i was slower than this
- Another half day
- Weakness leads to goodness
- Adios Bousquets
- On to my 25th year
- Donner party of 13, your table is ready
- Departure from the blue house
- Pictures From the Sierras
- Good food, good day
- Fast walker, fast talker
- A pack of forest fire lites please
- Worth the wait
- Pleasant day
- Kind of boring actually
- Wildflurs Erywur
- Good day for me, bad day for Max
- July 4th; a rough day to be away
- I dislike 8 day rations
- Back in the Saddle
- A rough re-entry
- A good day
- A proper zero
- Celebrate--good times
- ▼ July (32)