Day 120, a zero---This has to be short, i started it way too late. Had a get together at my Aunt Jane's house tonight. The food was delicious as usual, and as usual (hiking or not) i consumed far too much. I am sure i need it calorically speaking. But after round two of a dessert(a different dessert) i cramped up when laughing i was so full. It was great to see that side of the family too. Cousins are growing up and somehow that makes me feel older. Tomorrow it is back to business; cleaning, packing, planning, ugh. I knew it would be hard to leave here, but i am so close to the finish line. Even if it rained for the entire time(knock on wood) i think i would still make it. Alright i am not keeping count really but that was at least the second time i have woken up and there was another just in writing this sentence. Thought of the day; expand your comfort zone and then step outside it. Song of the day; yoooou take my breath awayyyy d-duh d-duh dmdm dmdm. Craving of the day; to have my regular pre-hike feet back.
JWC on the PCT
Some thoughts before departure...
- I am still not a vet, doctor, lawyer, dog trainer, cia agent, fbi agent or a navy seal so...walk
- I am doing this for the challenge of course, and I hope to gain a confidence that comes with this type of endeavor. But also I hope to gain some new knowledge about the world and the truths that reside in it.
- Am I walking to "find myself"? Or just to take a walk. You decide...and you'll probably be right.
- I'm not in the best shape of my life, but I do have a lot of new great gear so....
- After living with my parents the last 2 years, it makes perfect sense to walk 2650 miles - alone.
- Yes there will be bears, cougars, rattlesnakes and scorpions both imagined and real along the way. I'm definitely more worried about those imagined.
- Am I scared? Not as of yet, more of just a constantly increasing anticipation. But check back with me on the 3rd night in the desert.
- I tried to keep my pack fairly light, but I definitely would not call it ultralight. Somehow when I added up all my ultralight gear and put it in my ultralight pack, I ended up with just slightly heavy.
- My biggest concern for this trip is that I get too hungry somewhere along the way, my brain goes awol as it usually does when I get hungry and subsequently you never hear from me again...I'll try to eat frequently.
- I am not Christopher McCandless. This is not Into the Wild.
- I am a procrastinator
- Hello Chartier's
- Made it thru Oregon
- Clutch went out on the J-train
- Just happy to be here and going there
- Huckleberry Heaven
- let the sun shine in
- Whoops, i did it again
- Trail Angels
- a taste of the good life
- timing is everything
- Que terrible'
- today sucketh the mosteth
- alternative lifestyle
- Back on track
- all roads lead to rome
- ask and ye shall receive
- no reception, no exception
- sans title
- Sam & Rachel; trail angels extrordinaire
- hmm...........this could be interesting
- jumping jeffery to jumping jesse
- Welcome to Oregon, it's raining
- Lunch in Oregon
- Out of the state of jefferson
- Food + fun + relaxing = a zero
- Skip, Skip,Skip to my lou
- It's Etna Daaaaawling
- Tired, hungry, sore, but on time
- The longest Day
- Off to the races
- ▼ August (33)