Day 121, last zero---Spent most of the day sort of wasting time. I waited til the last possible time to wash my down sleeping bag. Consequently it is still wet despite many minutes in the dryer with 3 juggling bean bags, one baseball, and one bouncy ball to help break up the down clumps. I really hope it is back to normal loft by the time i need to leave tomorrow. I am not sure what i will do if it isn't, i guess just wait. I had wonderful chinese today at PF Changs. My aunt took my cousin Berti and her best friend for a little birthday celebration. My cousin turned 18 today, it made me feel old, but not too bad. Made a trip to REI after and i dropped more money, but picked up a primaloft filled jacket. It's synthetic so it keeps warmth even if it's wet. It is my down jacket replacement as i head into Washington. Packed some stuff up, but leaving basically a bunch to do in the morning. That being said i need to sleep. Thought of the day; i hope the next 25 days are as painless as possible ::knock on wood::. Song of the day; American Boy by Kanye West and some new girl that likes 5'7 boys (that's me). Craving of the day; nothing really.
JWC on the PCT
Some thoughts before departure...
- I am still not a vet, doctor, lawyer, dog trainer, cia agent, fbi agent or a navy seal so...walk
- I am doing this for the challenge of course, and I hope to gain a confidence that comes with this type of endeavor. But also I hope to gain some new knowledge about the world and the truths that reside in it.
- Am I walking to "find myself"? Or just to take a walk. You decide...and you'll probably be right.
- I'm not in the best shape of my life, but I do have a lot of new great gear so....
- After living with my parents the last 2 years, it makes perfect sense to walk 2650 miles - alone.
- Yes there will be bears, cougars, rattlesnakes and scorpions both imagined and real along the way. I'm definitely more worried about those imagined.
- Am I scared? Not as of yet, more of just a constantly increasing anticipation. But check back with me on the 3rd night in the desert.
- I tried to keep my pack fairly light, but I definitely would not call it ultralight. Somehow when I added up all my ultralight gear and put it in my ultralight pack, I ended up with just slightly heavy.
- My biggest concern for this trip is that I get too hungry somewhere along the way, my brain goes awol as it usually does when I get hungry and subsequently you never hear from me again...I'll try to eat frequently.
- I am not Christopher McCandless. This is not Into the Wild.
- I am a procrastinator
- Hello Chartier's
- Made it thru Oregon
- Clutch went out on the J-train
- Just happy to be here and going there
- Huckleberry Heaven
- let the sun shine in
- Whoops, i did it again
- Trail Angels
- a taste of the good life
- timing is everything
- Que terrible'
- today sucketh the mosteth
- alternative lifestyle
- Back on track
- all roads lead to rome
- ask and ye shall receive
- no reception, no exception
- sans title
- Sam & Rachel; trail angels extrordinaire
- hmm...........this could be interesting
- jumping jeffery to jumping jesse
- Welcome to Oregon, it's raining
- Lunch in Oregon
- Out of the state of jefferson
- Food + fun + relaxing = a zero
- Skip, Skip,Skip to my lou
- It's Etna Daaaaawling
- Tired, hungry, sore, but on time
- The longest Day
- Off to the races
- ▼ August (33)