Day 21, Mile 363.9 - OK this is going to be very fast. Hiked 14.5 miles today 10 miles 3000 ft up and then 4.5 2000ft down which was a little disappointing, BUT i got picked up by a trail angel and hooked up with pretty much everything. Shower, laundry, food in town...way too expensive but needed. Shared a pitcher of Hefewiezen with the "germanator" pretty cool guy and an interesting past. Anyway i just checked my blog online and read the comments, they were great and keep them coming cause they keep me going. Alright that's it, start another 4.5 day leg to Agua Dulce tomorrow, looking forward to the Saufleys "hiker haven" check it out online if you get a chance. Oh also check out www.hikingwithpurpose.org its the website of the couple i did the last 4.5 days with. Last but not least i have a ring worm looking bite thing on my right thigh, might be from that spider or maybe a tick and i have the beginning of Lyme disease i dunno. I will keep you posted on looming death, disease, or super powers. Thought of the day; people are intrinsically good.
JWC on the PCT
Some thoughts before departure...
- I am still not a vet, doctor, lawyer, dog trainer, cia agent, fbi agent or a navy seal so...walk
- I am doing this for the challenge of course, and I hope to gain a confidence that comes with this type of endeavor. But also I hope to gain some new knowledge about the world and the truths that reside in it.
- Am I walking to "find myself"? Or just to take a walk. You decide...and you'll probably be right.
- I'm not in the best shape of my life, but I do have a lot of new great gear so....
- After living with my parents the last 2 years, it makes perfect sense to walk 2650 miles - alone.
- Yes there will be bears, cougars, rattlesnakes and scorpions both imagined and real along the way. I'm definitely more worried about those imagined.
- Am I scared? Not as of yet, more of just a constantly increasing anticipation. But check back with me on the 3rd night in the desert.
- I tried to keep my pack fairly light, but I definitely would not call it ultralight. Somehow when I added up all my ultralight gear and put it in my ultralight pack, I ended up with just slightly heavy.
- My biggest concern for this trip is that I get too hungry somewhere along the way, my brain goes awol as it usually does when I get hungry and subsequently you never hear from me again...I'll try to eat frequently.
- I am not Christopher McCandless. This is not Into the Wild.
- Finally arrived at Hiker Heaven
- A 30 mile day; holler, at, your boy
- I walked like a woman, for 5.5 miles
- Now this is hiking the PCT
- Live by the gear, die by the gear
- Wrightwood at the right time
- 1,570 calories in 20 minutes
- Hi my name is Jesse, and I am an Aguaholic
- Its Burnin Up, We on Fyyyaaah
- On the trail again...but not
- El Grande Oso
- Back to the back to the BBSRerR
- Coon Creek Creepy Cabin
- The Wind is No Longer My Friend
- The Durka Durka 5
- All's Well That Ends Well
- Back on the Trail
- "Some Pictures"
- The Concrete Jungle
- I like it when I'm fast
- Fast Times at Ridge-top High
- Just the Boost I Needed
- More of the same
- The longest day
- Reality Check
- It didn't look this hard on the internet
- ▼ May (26)