Some thoughts before departure...
- I am still not a vet, doctor, lawyer, dog trainer, cia agent, fbi agent or a navy seal so...walk
- I am doing this for the challenge of course, and I hope to gain a confidence that comes with this type of endeavor. But also I hope to gain some new knowledge about the world and the truths that reside in it.
- Am I walking to "find myself"? Or just to take a walk. You decide...and you'll probably be right.
- I'm not in the best shape of my life, but I do have a lot of new great gear so....
- After living with my parents the last 2 years, it makes perfect sense to walk 2650 miles - alone.
- Yes there will be bears, cougars, rattlesnakes and scorpions both imagined and real along the way. I'm definitely more worried about those imagined.
- Am I scared? Not as of yet, more of just a constantly increasing anticipation. But check back with me on the 3rd night in the desert.
- I tried to keep my pack fairly light, but I definitely would not call it ultralight. Somehow when I added up all my ultralight gear and put it in my ultralight pack, I ended up with just slightly heavy.
- My biggest concern for this trip is that I get too hungry somewhere along the way, my brain goes awol as it usually does when I get hungry and subsequently you never hear from me again...I'll try to eat frequently.
- I am not Christopher McCandless. This is not Into the Wild.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
More of the same
Day 5 Mile 109. Currently at Warner Springs ranch, hiked 22 miles today and it was worth it, the room is nice, the food was real good and everything was relatively cheap. Last night i used my sleeping bag as a blanket and worked a little better, cause I've been overheating lately. Wow that sentence was completely backwards. Started at 7 and leap frogged most of the day with two brothers from long island also the two I'm sharing the room with. Not too many crazy hiker types out yet, that i have met anyway, probably because i am behind the main pack of folks. Anyway I'm gonna cut this one short, apparently there is a fire in San Jacinto wilderness so i gotta figure that trail closure out and then sleep off these pains...on a bed. Awesome.JWC on the PCT
- Finally arrived at Hiker Heaven
- A 30 mile day; holler, at, your boy
- I walked like a woman, for 5.5 miles
- Now this is hiking the PCT
- Live by the gear, die by the gear
- Wrightwood at the right time
- 1,570 calories in 20 minutes
- Hi my name is Jesse, and I am an Aguaholic
- Its Burnin Up, We on Fyyyaaah
- On the trail again...but not
- El Grande Oso
- Back to the back to the BBSRerR
- Coon Creek Creepy Cabin
- The Wind is No Longer My Friend
- The Durka Durka 5
- All's Well That Ends Well
- Back on the Trail
- "Some Pictures"
- The Concrete Jungle
- I like it when I'm fast
- Fast Times at Ridge-top High
- Just the Boost I Needed
- More of the same
- The longest day
- Reality Check
- It didn't look this hard on the internet
- ▼ May (26)